Friday, October 26, 2012

Destination Star Trek London

I had the most amazing weekend recently.

For the first time in 10 years, there was a Star Trek convention in the UK. It was held at the ExCel Centre in London’s docklands.
And hubby and I attended.
Keep Calm and Make It So
Keep Calm and Make It So
We had a lot of fun, watching talks, getting beamed up
Two to beam up
Two to beam up!
Crashing the Enterprise A
Inertial Dampeners are Off-line
Inertial Dampeners are Off-line!

And meeting other trekkies
Queueing Q
And some of the actors
Walter Koenig - he didn't mention the Nuclear Wessels
Squee - I met Patrick Stewart!

For the photo shoots each person gets about 8 seconds with the special guest. I arrived, Sir Patrick said “Hello” and we smiled for the camera. As I was about to head off, he stopped me and asked “What does your t-shirt say?” I turned round so he could read it aloud, and he said: “Keep Calm and Make It So, very good, I like it”

Patrick Stewart LIKED my t-shirt, and I got him to say “Make it so” without asking him to say that. Yay!

Overall it was an amazing weekend!

No comments: